Hendon Mosque has been providing burial services to the Muslim community for many years.
We have a fully-equipped vehicle on standby and, subject to the availability of burial certificates, are usually able to carry out burials on the same day in almost any cemetery.
Professional Service for Men & Women
We have all the equipment, dedicated staff and qualified volunteers required to provide a full service for men and women in a manner that complies with the Shari’ah.
Furthermore, our services meet the professional standards required by the National Association of Funeral Directors (NAFD) and we have been a member of the NAFD for a number of years.
Our standard service includes:
- Collecting the deceased from hospital or home (within 5 miles radius).
- The final bathing (ghusl) of the deceased.
- The shrouding (kafan) of the deceased.
- 48hr use of our mortuary.
- The supply of a suitable coffin/casket.
- Janazah prayer at a Mosque or Cemetery.
- Transport for the deceased to the cemetery within 5 miles radius of the Mosque.
- The Imam’s services upon request.
We can offer other services also with an extra cost. Please contact to discuss further.
We try our best to keep the costs as low as possible so that families do not have to suffer unduly expenses in their period of bereavement.
- Adult (with casket) – £1100 + Cemetery Charges
- Adult (if the cause of death is Covid) – £1200 + Cemetery Charges
- Child (10 to 14yrs) – £350 + Cemetery Charges (if applicable)
- Child (1 to 10yrs) – £350 + Cemetery Charges (if applicable)
- Child (under 1yr) – £350 + Cemetery Charges (if applicable)
- Still born (Green Certificate) – £350 + Cemetery Charges (if applicable)
- Foetus (White Certificate) – £350 + Cemetery Charges (if applicable)
- Mortuary: 48hrs use of our mortuary is included.
- Mileage: Transportation within 5m radius for the deceased is included.
- Additional Vehicles: We have two fully-equipped vehicles for the transportation of the deceased.
- Cemetery Charges: Depends upon the rates applied by the respective borough in which the chosen cemetery is located and must be paid.
- Overseas Funeral Charges: Rates are available upon request.
For details about the CT Scan/MRI as opposed to the autopsy/post mortem, please contact us.
Funeral Booking Form
Please download the following form, complete and return back for us to make funeral arrangements:Funeral booking Form
In a case of emergency, please contact the following:
Imam Ibrahim Ghari: 07949 537 968
Zahoor Ahmed: 07912 603 156
If we miss your call, please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible (In-shaa-Allaah).
[Last updated 24/05/2021]